Hematology / Oncology Opportunity
UP Health System - Portage is building on our regional oncology network aimed at the coordination of multidisciplinary teams to provide outstanding comprehensive cancer care to community members throughout the Upper Peninsula. UPHS - Portage is seeking a BC/BE Oncologist to join our team. Candidates may include MD or DO practicing physicians, recent graduates, or near-future graduates.
- Completion of accredited Hematology/Oncology or Medical Oncology training program. BC/BE if within 3 years of residency.
- Medical group employed position
- Generous compensation and benefit package
- Expectations: Bone marrow biopsies
- Current Practice Structure: 1 physician/1 PA, 1 RN and 2 CA/CMAs. 2 Infusion Therapy RNs, 1 Anticoagulation RN, full support staff
- Schedule: Monday - Friday from 8 am - 5 pm with flexibility
- Location: UP Health System - Portage
- Equipment and Services: Onco EMR, Laboratory, Radiology, Pathology, Pharmacy
Interested in Applying?
Please contact our medical staff recruiter at 906.483.1551. '
UP Health System - Portage Accolades and Accreditations:
- 4 consecutive Leapfrog A for patient safety scores
- ACS Verified Level III Trauma
- 5-Star CMS rating
- American College of Cardiology Chest Pain Center Accreditation
- Joint Commission Accredited
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine-Accredited
- American Academy of Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Rehabilitation Accredited
- Member of the American Hospital Association and the Michigan Hospital Association
Houghton/Hancock - sister cities in the breathtaking Upper Peninsula of Michigan have recently been named in the Top 100 most livable towns by Livability and in the Top 15 BEST places to live in the U.S. according to Outside Online.
Home to Michigan Technological University - premier university heavily recruited by Ford and GM. Division I, II, and III NCAA athletics. Recognized by US News and World Report for one of the best prep-schools in the country. Diverse geography and coastal living complemented by a four-season climate. Endless outdoor activities including backcountry skiing, water sports, world-class biking, hiking, and more.
- Two Universities - 1 listed in top 50 Universities in the Country
- Division I, II, and III athletics
- Coastal living - fishing, boating, sailing, water sports
- Diverse geography complemented by a 4-season climate
- Excellent education system as recognized by US News and World Report
- Nordic and downhill skiing, snowmobiling, world-class mountain biking
- Educated and active community
Balance your life in a big-minded, family-oriented community with a small-town feel.